taking slackerific to a whole new level

I haven't given much time to writing the last couple weeks. If one were to look back at the time frame between the two previous posts, well, there was a bit of a delay. No, I'm not blogging in Java. HAHA. Bad, and probably technically incorrect, attempt at a joke. Yes, living with a geek makes me a pseudo geek - just dorky enough to try to make jokes, not really clued in enough to pull off the punch lines. 


I digress. 


Lately I just haven't been sure what to write out here. There's the group of people that like to make fun of bloggers - do you really think people want to hear about the muffin you had for breakfast and what random thought you are having for the day??  YES, DAMNIT I DO.  Those are the kind of blogs I read... along with a few that are really fantastic about sticking to their theme like clockwork... like Shedworking and The One Minute Writer. My sister-in-law has been writing up "The Random Thought of the Day" emails providing me and select others with humor and something to contemplate for a long time now - definitely blog worthy! She just started a blog: http://rhanebeaux.blogspot.com/. ABOUT TIME!! Yes, I'm almost positive that's rainbow vomit on the banner. Don't let that deter you. Once she starts posting all the randomness, you'll find something that strikes a chord with you. Yes you should click the little FOLLOW button. Yes this is shameless pushing of someone's blog because I want them to get readers and keep posting. Yes I am grinning as I write this. Yes I write because it makes me happy.


I digress.


Perhaps all this blogging isn't the internet litter the critics say it is. It is freeing to put one's thoughts out there for others to share and perhaps discuss. It is like that journal or diary I am boldly assuming you had at some point in your life. You wrote away in it, kept it tucked away, called it private, all the while imagining that somehow, someone (not your parents) would read it. They would read it and be intrigued. Read it all and know you and understand you. They would accept you despite - or because - of all the craziness in the pages. You would be worth reading every word and contemplating while they were off doing their daily things - a good book that can hardly put down for other obligations like work and sleep. Now days we have the internet and your blog can be your journal that can be a little more accessible to the world. You've raised the stakes that someone will stumble across it and be intrigued, click follow, and read your thoughts. YAY for technology!


I just thought I'd add, that while somethings about technology is great, technology has caused pseudo words to be ordained and added to the dictionary. the word thru is just a lazy badly spelled poser for the word through!!! HAVE WE NO SHAME???? This is coming from a person who used "I digress" to avoid creating transitions... but I digress...

No comments:

Post a Comment